View Single Post
      02-28-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Is jet black as bad as i keep hearing

So first off let me state that i know i shouldnt have used an automatic car wash, i always handwash my cars. I just wanted to get the underbody washed.

However the car wash ended up scratching the hell out of my hood and obviously theyíll try to do whatever they can to get out of paying for a paint correction.

So instead iíve decided iím just gonna do it myself. I had done it by hand when i first got the car about 5yrs ago and it came out great. Obviously itís been awhile though.
Anyway i bought a dewalt buffer/polisher and i plan to do it myself. Iíve been reading though and everyone is saying that Jet black/schwarz black is incredibly difficult and many detailers were saying you couldnt pay them to do it.

I bought a set of foam pads and have griots compound and polish iíll pick up some liquid wax as well since iíve always used carnauba wax
Attached Images

07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5