03-05-2021, 11:46 PM   #8
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iFitz View Post
Hey Bluewater, what sport springs did you run on yours? Or what sport springs are you and Fcobra speaking of just in general? I just don't know how to search correctly I guess. I've searched spring codes, different model e90s and just can't seem to come to a conclusion
I ran the OE "Sports" springs that came with the car as part of the "sports" package that most E92s came with. They were fine. Maybe Fcobra has rougher roads or drives more aggressively than I do, but I was fine with B4s. I've had other people recommend oem sports springs with the B4s. You just can't run lowering springs on them: Part of it is it's not valved at the right ride height. So the dampening is inefficient at the wrong spots.

B6 are the ones that are actually the same valving as B8, but longer. B6 work well with stock springs. B4s are closer to OE.

Bilstein could have picked a half a dozen partners for a B12 but they picked Eibach. I'm sure they put no effort into trying to match specs a little {sarcasm} ....I mean they could have picked H&R or Sprint but they didn't. Each have partners and each car/driver has certain needs; partnerships or business relations, what have you. But I doubt there was no effort put into it.
Appreciate 0