View Single Post
      10-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
WgSo
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Shaking/Vibration Under Acceleration, Need Help

Experiencing shaking/vibration that only last for a short period of time, about a second, when I accelerate under specific scenario. The vibration and shaking is akin to driving over the grated floors on the shoulder the highway, the entire car shakes. There's absolutely no code being thrown either. Nothing happens if I'm coasting, accelerate hard/fast, in sports mode, or WOT, only happens with gradual acceleration. It occurs mostly between 20-60MPH and 1600-2300RPM, within a 200-300RPM range depending on speed.

This has been happening since I had my AA headers installed.... Not sure if there's any correlation there though. Doubt it's a misfire because of no code and I popped my coil and plugs out. No oil and they're clean. Both coils and plugs was replaced about 6K miles ago. No air leaks either, according to my tech..... Doesn't feel like the car loses power when it vibrate or shake either, as RPM continues to climb and the car does not slow down or stall. It even shook my intake boot off.

My car is a N52 128i Automatic, and here's the mod list:
  • StageFP Tune
  • Active Autowerke Headers
  • 3 Stage Intake Manifold
  • MILVS
  • Rev Motoring Intake Boot

Going to try replacing engine and transmission mount this weekend and if I have time, transmission fluid as well. These are some of the quick fixes I can find scouring the internet. Though, other people's symptoms are similar, but not the same as mine. Finger crossed on it working.

Honestly, been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the issue is, especially with the lack of code. In the case the above does not resolve my issue, any other suggestions?

P.S. Gonna be cross-posting this to garner more attention, hope no one mind.

Last edited by WgSo; 10-23-2021 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0