View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Unpleasant Work Environment

First, let me start by saying that I really enjoy my profession and what I do for employment. I would consider myself very lucky to be where I am without a degree. With that being said, I have recently become disgusted with coming to work due to sharing an office with someone who is just miserable to be around. I have exhausted all avenues of trying to remedy this bad air between our desks but absolutely nothing seems to work. At first i thought it was me; perhaps I was misunderstood or putting off a vibe that isn't accurate so I adjusted my demeanor a little and this only made things worse.

To paint the picture, this person is constantly whispering and gossiping about every single person that walks through this office. She will smile and act as if she is your best friend until you leave the office and then everything you just said to her is mentioned to everyone that follows. I'm typically a jovial person and enjoy good conversation, but sharing an office with this individual has slowly turned me into a quiet person that is afraid to speak out of concern that anything that is said will somehow be turned against me.

To go even deeper down the rabbit hole, although we share an office; we work in completely different departments. She is in procurement and I work in engineering. I have recently been forced to be her fill-in or backup when she takes vacation. Being "trained" by this person to do her job has become a nightmare, I'm basically her bitch at this point. It has got so bad that I have started taking my breaks and lunches at varying times of hers, just to be able to sit in the office in peace and quiet during these times.

Does anyone else deal with a work environment such as this? Any advice or tips?
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1455.00
Kyngofpop676.00