View Single Post
      08-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #65
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pug 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
How do you set up the shortcuts for that?

I have stored shortcuts for the radio memory but not sure about the other shortcuts.
It's pretty simple just go to nav and programme an address to go to and start the navigation, then go back to where you can stop the navigation. Have the stop navigation bit selected but don't press select. Then on which ever short cut button you want to program it too just press and hold.

That button will then stop any current navigation or start navigation to the last destination.

You may be able to program the button before you start the navigation but mine wouldn't let me when I tired it on mine earlier but that might because it was already programmed for that function.

The number buttons are fantastic, I don't have any programmed for radio presets, mine are

1 - Start/stop navigation
2 - Climate settings (I don't have a rest button so I can get the fans going if the engine is off)
3 - Map Overhead view
4 - Map Perspective
5 - Split screen on/off
6 - Brightness of the idrive screen (I don't really use this but I've not found another use for this button)
7 - Change the map between coloured or the grey version with the yellow/orange/red lines
8 - Night mode for the map

CIC wasn't a priority when I bought my car but it was a nice thing to have but I couldn't live without it now. I love having the maps on with the traffic reports. Also having a satnav stuck to the screen with wires to the cigarette lighter has not been missed.

I'm really looking forward to getting a combox installed, it should complete the package nicely.
Appreciate 0