View Single Post
      03-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #68
aaddam2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqu3 View Post
For whatever reason I just refuse to use oil additive. Just some subconscious voice telling me no. That said, are they claiming you can go 30k miles between oil changes with only filter changes? I would run far and fast. Oil changes are cheap, and if something goes wrong because your oil is shitty, they repair bill is going to be huge. With regular oil and filter changes with quality oil, you shouldn't have any issues. Same concept applies to fuel additives. As long as it isn't sitting and quality stuff is used, life is good.
I feel the same way. but upon my research Liquid Moly has Ceratec which seems to be the same type of deal. and LM is more of a name I trust since they have LM sponsored cars (though that doesnt mean much). I am about to try a bottle of the LM Ceratec in my girlfriends 110k mile turd ford fusion to see if there is any difference.

I currently run kleen in my D now. dont really notice a difference, hoping it would clear up my slightly rougher idle (assuming it is due to CBU).
Appreciate 0