View Single Post
      04-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #73
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

That video is interesting and not sure how that test relates to use in an internal combustion engine.

I have two personal experiences with Archoil completely fixing a problem that otherwise would have required replacement parts.

First, I had a 2005 Excursion with the 6.0 PSD. I had replaced countless injectors and always had an issue with stiction and experienced difficult cold starts. I tried rev-x, hot shot secrets and countless other fuel and oil additives with no change in the vehicles behavior. I constantly replaced injectors and it'd be OK for a few thousand miles but eventually, the systems always came back. I was at my wits end. I heard about archoil and ordered some. Within the first 45 minutes, the archoil completley cured my PSD of stiction and I never again had a cold start issue, even in sub zero temps in the VT mountains. I put another 70-80k miles on the engine before I sold it. In that time, I never had another stiction or cold start issue.

Second, I picked up a 1995 E34 525i for a turbo project. The M50 engine handles boost exceedingly well. I intended on keeping the engine stock and simply replacing the head bolts with ARP studs one at a time in order to keep the OEM head gasket intact for the build. I was going to use E85, which would benefit from the stock compression ratio. I picked the car up and drove it home, someone had stolen the cat so it was loud. Once I got the car quited down, i realized it had significant lifter noise. I was pretty bummed as I wasn't really motivated to replace the lifters... As a last ditch effort, I threw in some archoil. Within minutes the lifter noise was completely gone. To this day, the lifter noise is still gone.

I have been running archoil in everything... differentials, transfer-case, quads, tractor, diesel and gasoline engines etc. All of my friends now run it in their cars/ trucks too, all with similar results.

I do not doubt the test in the video, just don't know how it translates to effectiveness in an internal combustion engine or differential. An item of note, Archoil is a friction modifier but it also contains detergents that help with lubricating and cleaning tight tolerance areas like injectors and lifters.

I have and will continue to use it.

Last edited by 335dsleeper; 04-11-2017 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0