View Single Post
      12-14-2020, 06:49 AM   #181
doctorbombeii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 328i

I got repairs for my car 2011 e92 328i under the SULEV warranty in North Carolina. I did what tyronelatour@latouresquir said he did, registered the car in Vermont. However, it was no way as easy as he made it seem and his courier reference did not reply. It took an agonizing 3.5 months (DMV understandably slow services because of Covid), and also some hoops and hurdles. I bought a pickup truck after about a week, so I had another ride.

The car's battery was sitting for that long, so the battery was almost completely dead. BMW told me that I needed a new one for $315, so I went to harbor freight for cordless drill & color coded socket set and fast 15amp battery charger for $90 - pulled out battery, recharged it, took it back and reinstalled. They replaced my fuel pump and fuel control module. There was some type of pipe that was replaced too, I'll have to look at my receipt...they charged me $174 as it supposedly was not covered under SULEV but covered the labor under the SULEV. Hmmm. I put up a weak fight against the charge with the manager, but figured it was a bargain and I just wanted my car back. They were going to find some way to charge me. With the oil change, my total was $299. They also washed the car inside and out and plugged the rear tire.

Anyway, my car is running again and boy did I miss her. I'm the 3rd owner since 41k miles, and she sits at 108,100 now. Probably going to sell it though. I'm not into getting towed, dealing with dealership service departments, and simply not trusting to drive my vehicle on long trips.

Anyway, posted this to say thanks to the forum and give back with my experience of going completely out of the way to be a cheap S.O.B.
Appreciate 0