View Single Post
      08-12-2021, 04:03 AM   #196
e34brian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 E39 M5

Wanted to post as this thread has been very informative for me. This is a combination of things I have gotten done in the past 6 months I have owned my e92 328i 6mt.

a) issue diagnosed
1. Oil burning smell - Valve cover gasket
2. Eccentric Shaft Sensor (this was replaced when I went in for just an oil change)
3. Coolant leak - Radiator
4. Misfire/Lack of power - Intake Manifold
b) total cost of repair
$0 for all things
c) if SULEV covered initially or you had to be reimbursed
SULEV covered everything from the start. I go to Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, CA. My service advisor knows about the SULEV warranty and works to get things replaced under warranty. My go-to dealership as they always give loaners. Although I will note, if not for the warranty, I would not be going to the dealership for work: parts are far overpriced and shop rate is $200/hr.
d) if your dealer gave you a hard time
Nope. Obviously the initial $198-210 diagnosis fee, but is waived if covered under warranty. Was a little nervous for my most recent visit as I was told by indy shop I had a cylinder 5 misfire, but they cleared the code. So, when I went to the dealership a week later, they said my car had 0 codes so it may be difficult for them to find the issue. Would've been nice if I got my spark plugs/ignition coils replaced like everyone else on here, but after 5 days, got a call today saying that they're replacing my intake manifold.
e) if BMW NA had to be involved
Nope.
Appreciate 0