thesalboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 45e; '09 328 N51 SULEV

Garage List
'93 E36 Track Car  [0.00]
'22 X5 45e  [0.00]
'09 328c N51 SULEV  [0.00]
E90LCI_z33, how did your story turn out? Sounds like that dealer is doing some serious tap dancing. I think the page you attached is not associated with the SULEV/PVEZ warranty, but rather the "basic" Cal. emissions warranty (which is also honored in Penn.). I've seen longer parts lists for the SULEV/PVEZ warranty, but not in docs that I can definitively trace back to BMW. The warranty book itself doesn't list parts for the SULEV/PVEZ warranty - it's much broader:
1. If your vehicle fails a Smog Check inspection, all necessary repairs and adjustments will be made by BMW NA to ensure that your vehicle passes the inspection. This is your emission control system PERFORMANCE WARRANTY.

2. If any emission-related part on your vehicle is defective, the part will be repaired or replaced by BMW NA. This is your emission control system DEFECTS WARRANTY.
Anyone (Slightissue?) ever heard of a dealer pulling this trick?
After owner monitors over several months a recurring P0492 error (Secondary Air Pump, insufficient flow, bank 2), including resetting associated MIL warnings which just reappear over time, owner brings car in for SULEV/PVEZ warranty service with P0492 code pending, confirmed via INPA (but no MIL present). Dealer tech pulls diagnostics, and reports that no such code has ever been present, showing owner a list of all codes, from which all instances of P0492 have vanished (or perhaps owner is delusional and imagined it all!). You can't seek warranty repairs for what you can't document. Sorry sucker!
Ask me how I know. P0492 was reported by INPA yesterday, but after getting it back from the dealer it's now gone. I have plenty of time/miles left, so that dealer will be seeing me again when the car fails smog in a few months. They cannot deny what the smog report says. I'm sure they will try to deny everything else, tho.
Appreciate 0