View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #26
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0at23 View Post
Also please don't take offense to my negativity. The thing is... I read more than a few people bashing their 335i prior to purchasing my vehicle. I should have listen to them. It was a big risk buying this vehicle. A huge hit or miss. Not worth the risk considering the volume of problems. I just thought these people were just poor saps that got unlucky. Now I learned it first hand that its not a matter of if... It's a matter of when it will happen to you and I don't want people who currently have a choice to make the same mistake.

OP... Please buy yourself a M3. It's a better car and most important don't have half the problems as this one.
Honestly, visit enough car forums and you'll notice that EVERY car will have its problems. If reliability was your #1 concern, then you should have invested in an ISF or something.
You can't say because you got a "bad" product that all cars from that manufacturer are bad, there will always be worse case scenarios, especially when dealing with products with thousands of part put together. I work in a manufacturing environment so I would know. Yes, we know BMW does have some issues here and there and can be a pain to deal with, but you can't generalize the n54 like they're all bad...

As for the OPs question, I've never driven an e90 m3 so I can't comment on that. As a DD, I would probably just do the 335 since allow you to actually drive in the winter months.