View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
Mr.335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Tbh

wait hold on....:FLAME SUIT ENGANGED:

Yeah im biased since i previously owned it, but since someone did mention it. In your shoes I would purchase a brand new Evo for that cost and still pay less then what your willing to dish out.

AWD 4cyl turbo & balls out fun(Horrible Gas mileage) But put winter tires on it and I would dare you to get that car stuck somewhere. You said 6 months of winter? Yeah make your life easier and look into an AWD model of any car your looking into.

If it is definitely betwen an M3 and 335i. Here is my breakdown as I was in the same situation except the 335i I was debating was RWD.

Anyway M3 if your going to purchase a second car for winter/ your willing to travel to work or anywhere else by public transportation/ or you will be buying a second set of winter tires and have to limit yourself on certain occasions if weather conditions worsen.
M3 has no warranty (you can work on it yourself yes but dedicating your time off to work on your car after a long week does put a toll on you after awhile), higher ins premiums, more frequent stops to the gas station.

Pros: V8 holy crap do I want this motor myself..and til this day I still shop around for an M3

335i XI, You have a well built awd system that can definitely get you home safer with either seasonal or winter tires. (I'm not going to be a hypo-crite and say don't do it with summer tires since I have done it myself, but it's definitely not fun slipping and sliding put that AWD to work). You don't have to worry about conditions outside unless clearance of the road would be an issue. You save money on gas and insurance.

WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you said you would work on the car yourself...but isn't it fun to say I'm going to drop off my car this saturday, get the loaner, and meet up with everyone afterwards. Rather then "I got to fix my car I'll let you know when I'm finished"

Its more fun to say I'm putting on a new part..then I'm fixing a part
Appreciate 0