Originally Posted by xthejuicex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseP View Post
Great work diagnosing and fixing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
+1
Thanks!

So a bit more info on the "new" vibration. What I'm feeling now is the same thing that I felt before this very bad shaking/vibration that I fixed.

It feels as if the car is hesitating/resisting/vibrating under load, and off load it feels like slight hesitation and vibrating. This mainly happens after shifts and last about 1 Mississippi (1 full second). It also can occur when I am coming to a stop. In/out of gear, clutch in/out. I believe it is happening when the xDrive is adjusting front/rear bias.

The first test drive when I put the new axle in, the car was perfect. However over more driving time the vibration/hesitation increased. This hesitation originally started a year ago and I "fixed" it then by disconnecting the transfer case actuator motor to put the car in rwd.

I ordered a replacement driveshaft online, Dorman 936-310, since one of my u-joints on my current driveshaft is notchy and I am hoping that is the cause of the issue.
I have similar issue. Have a slight shaking on full throttle from mid to high rpm. Gear knob shakes and feels like it's coming from the front. Don't hear any funny noises. No misfires etc.