View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #13
CurtisP87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo View Post
I saw the sticky about the factory LSD's, but $3k for a diff?
Welcome to the wonderful world of BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo View Post
what people are finding as far as the limits of these stock motors and transmissions are power wise?....Could you tell me what sort of mods I would need to have to get a reliable 500whp?

My car is a daily driver, so looking for a real fun car I can drive to work every day, so I'm not trying to push the boundaries of the stock shortblock too its limits. ha ha ha
IIRC the highest numbers for the N55 platform right now are in the ~560-570 whp ballpark (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). There are plenty of people in the ~500 whp area though, so I think the bottom end has proven itself to be capable of that. At those levels though you run into fueling issues, thus the suggestions from some people to upgrade to PI and a stronger fuel pump(s).

To get there:
Charge Pipe (do this before anything else....increasing boost on the stock CP is like trying to french fry when you're supposed to pizza: you're gonna have a bad time.)
MHD Tune (Just the tune/CP combo alone really wakes up the car. If you're on a budget, or planning this build over the long term, do these two first and you'll notice a big difference already.)
FMIC
Catless Downpipe
PS2 Turbo (or big turbo kit, but those are still really new, not a lot of info out there yet.)
E30
Methanol
Fueling upgrades.

This is just to get the power though...The e90 suspension really benefits from some stiffening, and an LSD speaks for itself.
Appreciate 0