Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, E92 M3, 335xi

Garage List
2005 Ferrari F430  [9.08]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 203E90 View Post
Hi guys. Long time member but first post in a while. I bought my first BMW back in 2012 as a way to stay out of trouble. I always had little tuner cars and turbo cars and it was time to grow up (and stop blowing engines). I knew nothing about BMW and was just given the keys at a dealer and I reluctantly drove it around for a while. Changed my life and opinion of what a quality driving machine is. My E90 was so solid, stable, and confident. Strong engine, strong brakes, and everything had a solid feel. After getting my shop to check it out I bought my 325i Sport Line and loved it.

After 4 years I was hit with some ungodly idea to buy a 2016 ecoboost Mustang. The only thing that car did right was go fast straight after I put a few grand in it. Unfortunately I traded my BMW in for it. It wasn't instant regret but about 45 days later I was sick thinking about how I got rid of a fully loaded E90 for this plastic turd.

To get to the point, I got rid of the Mustang but ironically I am getting a new position at work that will take my company car but give me an allowance for my personal car. I currently live and work in NYC where I don't have to drive for personal reasons much but I will occasionally have to commute to Boston and Atlantic City for work.

I started looking at and driving F30s. WTF did BMW do. I like the styling and the subtle interior upgrades but that car does not drive, feel, sound like(obviously N20), or give me the feeling of an E90. The 2 things that bothered me the most was the seating position and the steering feel or lack of. I felt like I was sitting much higher like the seat is on higher brackets. It was awkward. The steering...well it's clearly heavily assisted. The first time F30 guys complain about the E90 heavy steering but I've driven E36s, E46s, and E90s...Heavy steering is just a 3 series thing. That's what I loved about it.

Am I crazy for wanting to get a 6-10 year old daily to drive all through New England when my company will pay me enough to lease a new F30. I just don't like them at all. Also I'm sure there's a thread on here discussing it but any suggestions. I'm looking for a 328, iDrive, sport line, auto. I'm not too picky. I don't need comfort access or anything crazy. Cold weather package maybe. I'd take a 335 but I'm looking long term reliability here. I'll disappoint myself and by a F80 M3 when/if I move out of the city.

Thoughts?
You bought the wrong Mustang.
Appreciate 0