Drives: 2013 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_rich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Car looks great!

Did you have to shave down the rear hub to fit the 10mm spacers? (since the hub is 12mm)
Sorry, why would you have to shave the hub? The spacer goes in between the hub and wheel, effectively increasing the offset of the wheel.
That's what you'd think but the lip of the hubcentric spacer sits on the hub, and the hub is 12mm long, if the spacer is only 10mm there will be a small 2mm gap, you may not notice but your wheels will be wobbling when driving. I had 10mm in the rear (There are some that are made for our cars and work)

If you look on any site where you order spacers, under 10mm it says *custom fitment*, I beleive it says on the BMS site and H&R too.

I had 10mm on the rear of my e92 with my M359s, everything felt fine in the car but one day my friend driving behind me said my rear wheels were shaking
I see what you mean now, you're talking about the hub-centric lip. I have Mach-schnell spacers which incorporates the hub-centric lip into the design so there are no issues. Well should be no issues....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0