View Single Post
      06-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #875
shark9021
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i e90 sedan

This thread has been supremely helpful!
Maybe a noob question here:

The backup camera I am installing requires that I run the yellow video output RCA to my Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD stereo unit. I will need to run that RCA through the rubber wiring hose between the trunk and trunk lid. I have already ran a remote wire through this hose to connect to one of the reverse light power wires and fitting this wire through was difficult enough. I can't imagine how difficult it will be to run the RCA through with the large connector terminal at the end.

Question: Is there any easier way to run the yellow RCA through that hose or will i have to find a different way to run the wire fro the trunk lid into the trunk?

Also, as I mentioned, I have already ran a 14 gauge/AWG remote wire to the trunk lid which I plan to t-tap into one of the reverse light 12V positive power wires either on the right (black/blue wire) or on the left (black/violet wire) side.

Question: What size/gauge AWG are these reverse light power wires? I want to get the a t-tap for the correct wire size. From what I have read on the Bentley manual, it is 0.75 which is approximately 18 ga. If it is 18 ga or smaller can I still use a 16 gauge t-tap being as it is only a remote wire?
Appreciate 0