View Single Post
      05-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
335NJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6MT E90

Bavarian is correct, there are no On-Board programming procedures available for our vehicles. Either a dealer tool is needed, or pull the CAS/EWS to attach a clip onto the chip holding the key data, and dump the .bin file, allowing you to write new keys. Only very few locksmiths can do this properly.

Now, about that handheld tool up there, i've personally never used it. I'm not a fan of any knockoff tools, especially ones that read/write VERY important information onto these cars. If that tool gets into the .bin to write key data, and somehow f*cks all of the data up, you're screwed.

That would be a tool you'd use 100% at your own risk, and I would not recommend it at all. If someone is willing to buy one and use it on their own car, and prove to me that it won't cause any harm, then i'll believe what I see.

Keyline USA makes the only cloneable fob for these cars, but it doesn't have any remote functions. See link http://www.keyline.it/eng/catalog/tr.../bm100kit.html

The K2 Forge remotes are not applicable to our vehicles, per your link above.