View Single Post
      01-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #37
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH_Tony View Post
I think the 328 is so dang linear that it doesn't feel as quick as it really is. I want to feel a "surge" of power but it doesn't come through on the old seat dyno. I think it feels on the slow side, but then last week I kicked it and looked down and was pretty surprised at how fast I was already going (yeah I slowed down pretty quick)

Now, don't get me wrong, I want just a little more out of it, but it's a reliability compromise vs the 335. I'll take the hp hit to not have the issues.
yes it is very linear , and it has to do a lot with the long gears. But if you every look at the speedometer you'll see the car moves .

3 stage intake /headers/tune combo really wake up this car , it does not feel as linear , you get a little push to the back of your seat when accelerating , nothing crazy , but it does feel right .

If you really want to feel less linear there is a differential swap for shorter gearing , its easier on a RWD , some member in the NA forum had it done for 500$ or less ( used differential) , shorter gearing really helps quite a bit

Its a bit of a shame the car did not come from factory with shorter gearing and a 3 stage intake . The good news is that those mods are not really that hard or expensive to do .
Appreciate 0