03-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #88
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
Bad fuel or aggressive tuning is the number 1 cause of these fails..

Second is oil flow issues and restrictions/factory quality issues with bearings installed or quality issues when assembling the engine..

Gaskets and other silicon rubber circulating because of a bad oil pan repair and other gaskets in the oil blocking oil flow can also cause bearing fails. Diluted oil as well.

Testing oil is best way to know. That wont tell you restrictions however it might tell you if silicone is high in oil. That could be gasket material.
Your opinion, along with the opinion of others on my logs unfortunately points towards too aggressive of a tune for my fuel. Its a shame because I had been told that the timing corrections were normal and that it was just the knock sensor doing it's job. Since purchasing the car and building it, I have been reading up a ton on turbo tuning and trying to learn as much as possible. Unfortunately I learned about timing and the negative effects of corrections from personal experience rather than the books.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0