View Single Post
      09-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #15
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus313 View Post
The prices on Auto trader don't even reflect anywhere near what these cars go for... Look at how long these people have had their ads up for!

Do you know how long that car will sit on Auto trader for if it was priced more than 18k? MONTHS.. maybe even til next season!! You have to realize ... Most people buying these 335 are teenagers that are comparing them to an 07 335i space grey coupe with 200k kms and blown turbos for $5k and thinking why on Earth would I spend upwards $25k on it. (That is if they even have that much $$ to begin with) ... Also if you try to make the arguement about non teenager enthusiasts? No enthusiasts want an automatic ... It's a sad reality if this car was manual you could get allot more easily.

OP, you have a nice car. It's unfortunate that people on the market will not appreciate an auto. Or a car with low kms. It's a tough reality. Price the car accordingly so that it will move or you WILL be stuck with it for a long long time.

To put it into presepective: A friend of mine picked up an 11' 335i xdrive LeMans blue MSport manual with 80k kms, fully loaded, nav, clean records.. list price on Auto trader was $25k but he took it home for only $18k.. and this was a much more rarer spec than OP, also this was 1+ yr ago.
you are just spitting non sense, how do you know the cars sit there for months or years. You are just guessing that.
You are also comparing apple to oranges, this is a 2013 335 , the teenagers you are talking about are buying old high mileage n54s , this is not what the op is selling . So its not even a fair comparison . Im not even sure why would you bring this comparison ...

If you got a steal of a deal , it does not mean everyone is getting that, maybe the seller was desperate to sell the car, if the dealer is offering 21k for it , it means these cars actually sell for more, the dealer is giving op auction prices.

He can easily get 20k for his car in the private market. Find me a 2013 with similar mileage for 16-17k , you wont find it.

So instead of telling the op to give away his car, be a little more cautious.
Appreciate 2
6ixSpd6015.50