View Single Post
      01-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #31
ramez75
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i xDrive GC (F06)

Please can you provide me the contact of that person. I like to see what he charges.
Also so far I didn't spend alot of money on what I got.

Another thing is the wiring which so far I am having no luck finding or even a part number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallseafishie View Post
Just remember that you also need to get the ECU / DME as well unless you have the tools to realign the CAS to the DME / ECU (reason why it must be another N54 car).

I honestly wouldn't invest any money into this project until you've got a sure set way of getting CA keys. Like I said, going this route will give your car's electronics a different VIN! So... If you have Navi in your 2009, your navigation will stop working since it's VIN mismatched. You will need to get a CIC activator to bypass the VIN check. Another problem (I don't know if it's a big deal for your state) is that OBD2 checks will return the donor car's VIN. My state does OBD2 emissions testing, and the VIN is populated into the emission's center computer when it's plugged in.

The easiest path really is step D if you'd like VIN matched equipment. I found a guy via ebay that will take your CAS and marry a new CA key to it. The price he wanted was boarderline the same price as the dealership's CA keys though.
Appreciate 0