04-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #29
Mr. Rothstein
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by patents View Post
Also try this. When the engine cool, turn a/c completely off (push fan lower speed button until the hvac system goes completely off). Start car, listen for the fan. Pop the hood and look at it maybe. Then turn on the a/c full blast (not auto, make sure a/c compressor is on). Did the fan speed up?
All right, I tried this. The fan was stationary when the car was running without the AC. The moment I turned the AC on full blast, the fan started, too, and went to pretty much full speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patents View Post
Do you have a BMW code scanner to check for stored codes? Also there is a fan diagnostic that can be run with the right software tools.
I have a bluetooth OBDII scanner that connects to my phone; I have never had any error codes. Moreover, the guy who did the refrigerant change hooked it up on a computer and also claimed he didn't get any codes.

But yesterday I was driving around and everything was the same as before. When the car is stationary, the air flowing into the cabin went warm again. It wasn't a particularly hot day, but the car is black and it heats up properly when the sun is shining. On the other hand, the temperature sensor that regulates the AC, should also measure the inside temperature, right?

And it doesn't make any sense that when the AC is not on AUTO, the fan starts, but when I want it to hold my preferred temperature in the cabin at 70F, then the fan doesn't start and the cabin gets real hot.

So, do we have any new ideas?

And thank you so much for helping me!
Appreciate 0