View Single Post
      08-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
Karlb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

the Ipod connectivity from factory was not present on my 335d, so I negotiated the dealer installed one into the purchased of the veh. mine has no 255 issue as I can go thru all 800+ songs on my ipod with it.

I had a dice unit on my prev 2004 X3 and had minor issues with it all the time. it would do things like every time you restart the car reset the ipod to play the same song over and over, or reset the ipod not to be random anynmore,change the shuffle from songs to album to no shuffle each restart of the car or once it made my cars 1 touch window up function quit working (1 touch down still worked).
each of the problems could be cured by isconnecting the battery for a while and then reconnecting it. the dice would then function correctly for a random peroiod of time (hours,days,couple weeks) and the would bring up one of the above mentioned quirks again. Most of the time it would just tuern off the shuffle at veh start. SO I finally just left it with that fault and got in the habit of resetting the shuffle on the ipod each time I started the car (other than really short trips when it just wasnt worth it)

put me off the dice product. just my experience
2008 Yamaha WR250R