12-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
MHZ335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I'd say make sure the cooling system has been refreshed/or at least looked over VERY well. These cars run hot on the track, so don't want something to go out/break and risk damaging the engine or even your car/others cars by putting down coolant on the track. A tranny and dif fluid change wouldn't hurt. Make sure all tie-rods and bushings are in good condition. Do a google search for HPDE/track day prep and you'll find lots of good guides, that what I did to get mine ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I'd say make sure the cooling system has been refreshed/or at least looked over VERY well. These cars run hot on the track, so don't want something to go out/break and risk damaging the engine or even your car/others cars by putting down coolant on the track. A tranny and dif fluid change wouldn't hurt. Make sure all tie-rods and bushings are in good condition. Do a google search for HPDE/track day prep and you'll find lots of good guides, that what I did to get mine ready.
Good idea on the cooling system check. Not sure on the trans fluid flush yet. Many people seem to have transmission issues after doing the flush on the zf6
Appreciate 0