11-13-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Thank you so much for replying, I thought this post was going to get lost in the other threads... The setup you went with, does it feel stiffer than the PS setup (if you have driven on it)? I'm so daft coming into this realm. But I'm about to move into this part of the car since the drivetrain is practically complete in terms of modification. Again, thank you!
I cannot comment about the feel vs. the PS setup as I've never experienced them first hand (or second hand for that matter). I came from the OEM sport setup that started to get pretty sloppy at the 180k km mark. Did a pretty comprehensive suspension refresh at that time. You can see the parts I threw at it in my garage pics. I went with the Koni yellows + prokit springs for their drop while maintaining great comfort and drivability. I've put nearly 100k on this setup and its still going strong. I was very happy with how much of an improvement this setup was vs. the OEM sport setup with regards to harshness. It was more comfortable yet handled and looked way better. I've done over 15 HPDE on this setup too and it's held up very well. Some people bitch about the progressive nature of the spring setup when tracking but I can't tell. I find the car VERY capable on the track and I'm not left wanting more out of my suspension (stickier tires on the other hand). I've heard that you can have Koni tune their shocks to specific spring combos if you buy direct from them, I'm not too sure how much more that would be but might be worth checking out.

Last edited by Volasko; 11-16-2020 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0