View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #55
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I've had some tech replies from David Norton at SPEC.

First point of interest is N54 flywheels changed from 8 hole to 6 hole after Jan 09 build, so that's a point to be aware of.

Second point is the variety of SPEC models.

They make clutches that will work with OE flywheels....and flywheels that will work with OE clutches.

BUT their clutches that go with their own flywheels are very different, and not compatible with either OE item.

Theire paired clutch/flywheel combos are a lot better drive and engagement / pedal force wise, they have their own non-SAC (non self adjusting clutch mech) which is lighter and simpler and gives higher clamping force with less pedal force.

Also available only with the clutch/FW combo is the $75 'enhanced hybrid option' which is a full faced cross of the st3+ and 2+ compounds. It (quote) offers greater wear life and smoother engagement over the standard st2+.

So it seems buying the paired SPEC clutch / FW combo rather than the OE compatible versions will offer a better solution?

Hmmm..

I'm about to push the button on this while my brother is in the US to hand carry it back....

Darren Wood have quoted 3hrs/£150 to fit it.

Last edited by doughboy; 03-08-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Appreciate 0