10-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #23
mazaa93
Das it.
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmshez View Post
With the base sound system, is there much point in upgrading the speakers without upgrading the amp? I'd personally love to go with a staged setup - start with speakers, see how satisfied I am with them and then upgrade the amp if necessary. The issue is the doubling up of some labour time.

That Focal option looks good although I wonder if there are purchasable wing mirror trims that are suitable for the tweeters that we can buy instead of having to drill a hole in them?

Another plug & play setup is by BAVSound but my feeling is that the Focal setup will naturally be better.

EDIT: mazaa93 - how much did installation set you back or did you do it yourself?
I was under the impression that if the speakers are changed, the amp should be changed.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen the pillar trims with tweeter cut outs for sale on the net, but after seeing the quality of workmanship by SSV I realised there was no need.

Installation was inc. in the overall price, I don't feel comfortable mucking around with the electronics of a car that is like a space ship lol.