View Single Post
      12-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #50
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

My point was that the older S4 were aimed at m3's
The B6-B7 S4 were 1K more expensive then the E46 M3 had same hp figures and a tad slower.

The B5 was going against the E36 M3 240 hp vs 250 similar performance.

The new S4-S5 from Audi are aimed at regular Bimmers like the 335 etc(since the 3.2 is gone)Not a big lost there

The RS are in an other league...but they charge over 100K canadian for these cars...while the ///M are 30K cheaper

I love Audi but at that point I'd wait for a CPO RS5....or Even CPO B7 RS4

As much as I like Audi it doesnt make sense buying a new one in Canada(well it's getting better with the new S4)
I would never pay 67K plus 13% taxes for an S5 when I can buy an E90 for 69K plus 13% taxes
The base S4 starts at 53K while the old B7 was 73K last year plus taxes
C63 is 63K+tx 335I is 49K+tx
The new S4 is priced exactly like the old 3.2 A4 which was overpriced. So now the S4 makes sense more sense then before.
The only problem is the S5 that is 15K more expensive then the E92 335....that worries me in terms of the RS5 pricing in Canada....it will be more then 100K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0