View Single Post
      12-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Just Finished: Custom Installed MSDS CAI Intake

First off, thanks to Marty (verboten) at MSDS for getting me the intake so quickly (ordered Tuesday at my door Thursday)
Very well made setup so I was happy as soon as I took it out of the box.

I have the AA BOV which I have grown to love so I was determined to find a way to keep it even with the MSDS. I figured I was either going to have to mod the BOV piping or the CAI piping but was not sure until I jumped into it this weekend.

With a slight reconfiguration of the pipes provided by MSDS and an additional 3" 45 degree pipe I was able to get the intake in as well as keep the AA BOV. In adition to the adjusting of piping I reversed the BOV in order to allow clearance for the CAI pipe that goes down to the bumper.

Everything worked out just as planned. I also painted the intake with VHT Ceramic Caliper paint and shot it a few light dusting coats to give it a slight powder coated type appearance.

Not sure of gains just yet since I also updated to V2 after I was finished (ECU has probably not adapted yet) so I will probably run for a week or so before I head off to the dyno.

Pictures are not that great but here it is...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0