Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmob View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and owner of a space grey 335i stock . I'm located in Belgium Europe and looking for a engine tune. I've searched for different tuners over here and found a few tuners that can handle the 335i.

First there is Noelle motorsport with the 401hp tune . His tune costs 3277 euro and consists of the reflash and free flowing catted downpipes.

Then i found DS motorsport who has a 420hp upgrade but their price is 8600 euro for the kit wich only includes an exhaust and some add ons to enhance cooling.

On their list they also have a 380hp tune and they say on pre 06/2007 models there is a crank stabilisation needed???

Does annyone have more info or advise on those european tunes?

Regards ,

Tim
Hi Tim,

I'm running the "Noelle" tune (which is, in fact, an Evotech product as it was Evotech who developed it in the first place) and am quite happy with it. DMS is also a good company who - if I'm correctly informed - developed their own flash tune for the 335i. You will get a sufficient power increase with both, and IMO both are very well done and favour reliability over maximum power increase.

Flash tunes are more common in Europe, but also more expensive here than elsewhere. Around 2000 EUR for a flash is more or less usual. DMS is adding an exhaust system (which alone would probably cost around 1500-2000 EUR), DPs with race cats (probably from HJS which are quite expensive) and an oil cooler, I believe. Still the price is much to high, if you ask me - if you consider a flash, you can just get the Evotech one and add the other hardware components yourself (which I did). Alternatively there's also the GIAC flash which could be installed in Paris, or the ESS flash but for which you would have to ship your DME to Norway or the US.

Piggybacks are also an alternative, obviously, and the JB is the least expensive way to do it. I won't go into a flash/piggyback argument here, you can just use the search function for that. To each his own!

I would certainly also recommend to get an intercooler and additional oil cooler in order to avoid high temps.

Alpina_B3_Lux