View Single Post
      08-21-2022, 06:12 PM   #2
edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBMW73 View Post
I have a leaking oil filter housing gasket on my 2013 E92 with an N55 engine. I've watched at least a dozen YouTube videos on this topic, but have been unable to find one for my specific engine. All the ones I've found have been for either the N54, or the N55 on an F30, but none for the N55 on an E92. A lot of them say "the procedure is the same for N54 as it is for N55," or "it's the same for the E90 as it is for F30," but from what I can tell, it's not. There are differences between these engines (routing of hoses, wiring harnesses, air intakes, etc.).

There is a good one from a guy named Fritz Ramos, but it's on an X5. There is also a very detailed one from FCP Euro, but it is a 525 and the guy is disassembling a LOT of the engine that I don't think is necessary.

So long story short, does anyone know of a decent walk-through to replace these gaskets on an E92 with the N55 engine? I've searched extensively and coming up empty. I could probably fumble through using an N54 guide but would prefer to follow along with one for my exact engine and model.

Any help appreciated.
Whatever you do, prime oil pump!
Appreciate 0