10-26-2022, 01:19 PM   #4
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisguilday View Post
Hey guys, not sure if this belongs here or in the wheels / brakes thread.

However I’ve got a 2011 E93 335i with OEM 19” wheels, the current tire size I have on them is 255-/30R 19 (Their Lionhart lol, came with the car). I just replaced all the struts with Bilstein B8 struts, as well as all the front end control arms / tie rods, etc.

I understand the B8’s are a little stiff, the car mostly rides great but I’d prefer a little comforier ride. Going over small bumps in the road can still be pretty violent, and I’m wondering if changing my wheel size will help.

I do like the look of the 19’s, but assuming I can still eliminate the wheel well gap with using taller tires I’d prefer that. Would using smaller wheels help? What would be the best size? 17”? What about 18”? Would that make enough difference?

Thanks!
FYI: I had the Bilstein B6 on my car, with OEM 18” - ride was quite stiff, even brutal at times.

Smaller wheels will definitely help (as will better tires, I’m a Michelin person myself), but the shocks are doing you no favors either.

Smallest you can go on a 335i are 17” (anything smaller won’t clear the calipers).
Appreciate 0