07-02-2021, 11:51 AM   #12
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Ahh i hope so! It would be typical for England to win the hard games and then bin it on the easier games.

Have to say the first few minutes of Germany playing had me nervous, almost surgical with their passes!

Why did Kroos retire? Surely must be better to win for the country then a local team. Motivated by money?
He was really motivated to win the Euros because he has already won the WC. He is also a big family man and wants to spend more time with his wife and 3 children. My thought is that he does not fit Hansi Flicks pressing scheme and would probably be relegated to the bench and he knows it. I also know that he had a very good relationship with Low so that may also have played a factor.

As for England, I can't remember a time that the midfield was as selfless as it is now. Talent wise, Phillips and Rice are nowhere near Gerrard and Lampard, but they give everything for the team and link the play from back to front perfectly. Defensively they have been amazing, and they have serious squad depth. My only criticism would be that they haven't been dangerous enough from set pieces (Kane or Maguires egg head should have scored from a corner by now). You guys have a serious chance this year!

///M
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58885.50