Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
1989 325i  [0.00]
2009 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg C View Post
Did you not get a full refund because they calculated your usage ??
I think that is incorrect, you spent your money when you made your purchase,
At that point in time I assume you had not planned on realizing any losses for some time.
Now just one year after your purchase you have a monetary loss due to no fault of your own. IMO BMW should have issued you a FULL refund.
I'm a huge BMW fan however this kind of story along with others can only do damage to BMW, whatever the dollar amount that was not refunded to you would have been cheap
PR for BMW.
It would have been better to receive a full refund - I am out so far about $5k. I was told that I would be getting back about $1600 which was the refund from the extended warranty, but the dealer is now changing their story on the refund of that-telling me now after I gave the car back that I will not get that refund. Based upon their offer I figured that I would be out about $3500. I agree, the right thing would have been to refund all I paid. My decision to return it and lose the money was based on the fact that I was tired of the aggravation of taking it to them, having the service department screw up something and not fix the problem. So I figured I would be better off getting rid of the problem and buying something else that I could get repaired locally or fix myself. I don't mind used cars, Ive bought plenty in the past, but new is always nicer.
Appreciate 0