View Single Post
      09-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #69
flathead
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 330xi

Hi Everybody,

I encountered a similar issue with the locking mechanism on my 2001 330xi last night, and I was hoping to see if anybody knows what the source of the issue could be.

I attempted unlocking my car earlier this evening, however, upon turning the key on the driver's side, none of the doors would unlock. The previous owner had lost the main fob key, so I have to manually unlock the doors with the valet key. Since the trunk lock has never been used, the driver's side lock is basically the only way for me to get into my car. Long story short, I had to call a locksmith to pry the door open and hit the main unlock button to get in. The lock twists as it would normally, however, nothing happens when I attempt to unlock it now.

In recent weeks I've noticed that when I twist the key a second time to unlock the passenger doors, it only works about half of the time and I ultimately have to get in the car and open the doors manually (or with the main unlock button, which sometimes doesn't work either). I've never had an issue with the driver side until now. Could this be an actuator issue? Any information on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0