09-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The display of "tubed motors" was upfront by the front door of the Welt. where they have all the SAV/SUV's parked. Not inside and to the right - where you took those above pics. IF you are looking straight at the GIFT SHOP, look to the left of the gift shop and this is where these motor tubes are setup.

I think they were there, bc I first saw this display at the IAA back in Sept 2009. They also had them on display at the Essen Motor Show this year. I think BMW must have a few "sets" of these "tubes".

Btw... I don't mind your adding photos. Quite to the contray, I like it when others bring something to the table. Your photos enhance this thread.

Dackel
That makes complete sense, when looking at them again, I remember that area now, but for some reason dont remember seeing the tubes with the parts. I think I was too focused on the X5M and X6M they had parked there, haha. There was just so much stuff going at once and I only had so much time before our tour started.

Great pics though, did you do the factory tour? I did, it was awesome. And our tour guide was Megan Fox's twin too so that didnt suck either, with her glasses and little blue uniform and car talk
Appreciate 0