03-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Manual Shift Map

The following is an example of the manual mode shift map.

Notice the shifting patters 1>2 and 2<1 are based on OSS (Output Shaft Speed) and throttle position. I suspect the 110 percent is the kick down switch.

To make this easier to read I created another chart converting this to engine RPM using the reduction ratios in the gearbox. This are not very accurate as the torque converter will always provide some slippage.

Notice the down shift columns, these are the minimum engine RPM the gearbox will allow before shifting to the next lower gear. In manual mode if will never shift to first without being commanded.

The column at 110 percent is the one I'm going to target to eliminate the kick down switch in manual mode. It annoys me to be in manual and have the gearbox downshift when I push on the throttle too hard.

This is just one of about 18 shift maps found. There is economy modes, towing modes, downhill, etc.

Also last thing to think about on this post is the throttle position is the driving factor on these maps, not engine output. Therefor anything you do that change the engine output for a given throttle position, will affect these maps. Not this specific manual map but the ones we drive on most of the time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
STR8-6IX536.00
tetsuo1111227.00
Phyrexia502.50
cheerio143.50