Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickO View Post
You can try unplugging that connector on the transfer case motor then go for a ride. If it goes away most likely the clutches inside the case are the issue.
Is this ok to do? I am starting to think this could be the issue. The only problem is that I would have to drive 10-15 miles this way, would that be ok?

I've removed the front drive-shaft and drove around a lot and the issue continues.

Because I saw a leak from the rear output-shaft seal on the transfer case when I replaced the guibos, I am planing on doing a transfer case fluid flush and replacing the seal this weekend.

I am starting to believe maybe its low on fluid and that's what's causing the issue (clutches are slipping due to low fluid level?). I am thinking this because the issue does not show up until 10-15 miles into a drive (once everything is warm). if it was an unbalanced drive-shaft it should shake regardless of how warm the car is.
2007 328xi Wagon, Black Sapphire Metallic, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear PDC, Airlift kit with 3P mgmt, CF Akrym rep lip, LCI M-Tech front bumper, LUX Angel Eyes, Black Kidneys, LED Interior Lights, M3 Steering Wheel with Extended Billet DCT Paddles, 19" Staggered VMR 710's

Last edited by igzekyativ; 01-12-2016 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0