2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Odd it didn’t ask the first time!
Down side to ftm is that it doesn’t show you which tire is low on air compared to TPMS, it just shows low tire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Yeah but does that matter? If you've got a flat you're going nowhere regardless of which wheel it is!

Well done for getting it sorted, Strada. So good when it goes right!

Right, that would be a nice feature. As it's ABS sensor based, it seems like it would be able to state which sensor is showing the discrepancy and triggering. But I am okay with it as-is so that I don't have to mess with installing new TPMS sensors in the wheels! Plus I'll eventually go up to nicer wheels someday, and don't have to mess with changing them over or getting new ones.

FWIW this is the confirmation screen that popped up with this second go-around that didn't show the first time:

Can't explain why or what I did differently, but it's working great! Still can't re-load the saved profiles, which is a non-issue for this luckily!

Next up: ALARM! Now that I'm feeling cocky, would adding $302 to the VO give me all the alarm functionality? It blinks and beeps already, and the tilt sensor went off once so that must work. I guess just the interior sensor and hood switch could be turned on?

I found this great review, but it's written for NCS coding: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504338

Last edited by StradaRedlands; 02-19-2024 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0