03-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #42
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Can’t these fcuking Morons see, that it’s shops and business like the ones they targeted, which are fundamental to the economic recovery of this Country
Disagree, the retail sector whilst having a purpose does not generate wealth for nations. Having a national Trade Surplus will generate wealth for this nation. Increased wealth will lead to increased jobs and will help pay off the debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
At least Labour now see the error of their ways. Here is what Ed Balls said in his budget response

It was also the fault of governments and central banks –including Britain’s – who did not see the financial crisis coming and should have been tougher in regulating the banks. When the City and the Conservatives called for lighter regulation, we should have ignored them and been tougher still. Every Government in the world got that wrong - and I'd like to say sorry for the part that I and the last Labour government played in that. But if we got that wrong, I think we got our response to the recession right.

As far as the Tories are concerned the City can carry on as normal despite the warnings from Mervyn King that we are heading for another crisis.

Bank of England governor Mervyn King has provoked a furious response from the City after saying yesterday that many banks’ only concern was to “maximise profits next week”.

Warning that lessons of the 2008 crash have not been learned and the banks could now face a second collapse, King told the Daily Telegraph they are still obsessed with bonuses and said that “imbalances” in the sector “are beginning to grow again”.

Blair and Brown may have been clowns but by increasing public sector spending they tried to improve society rather than tearing it apart.
Couldn't agree more.

Bankers where to blame for this whole mess, government was too weak in thinking the good times would just continue (they were conned to some degree that the banks would never lose).

We need a scientific revolution to provide a broad avenue of export to the world. Leave low/medium end manufacturing to the Chinese, their labour costs will always be better. We need to think smarter
Appreciate 0