View Single Post
      09-22-2020, 10:47 PM   #27
pacmac
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i

Thanks, coincidentally, I also found similar VO/FA Codes last night, here are the relevant ones:

S8LHA COUNTRY CONTROL HONGKONG
S8LSA COUNTRY CONTROL SINGAPORE

My VO/FA does contain the code for Hongkong: $8LH$

I can of course use NCS Expert VO/FA Change to delete Hong Kong and replace it with Singapore Code, but this would need to be done on all 3 ECUs that store the VO Date. i.e:

CRS
FRM
NFRM

However I believe that FRM / NFRM are actually the same ?

But after doing that then what ?

Will changing the "Country Control" automatically be detected by the ECUs which will then make configuration changes to the relevant modules ??

Is the VO/FA stored in the CAS and FRM "Just for Information" and passive, or does it actively do something when it's value is changed ??

I don't understand what you mean by: "default code" the cic with that VO in place

Of course I am cautious as I don't want to 'brick' the head unit, given that there appears to be nobody here with the capabilities !

EDIT

Do you mean that:

1) I should just read the existing CIC ECU and then write it back again without changing anything ?

2) Select CIC Module, DONT READ ECU, but instead just select Write and write back to the CIC ECU ?

And that this should then "execute" the region changes made with the VO Code change ?

Last edited by pacmac; 09-23-2020 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0