View Single Post
      10-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #22
DDG77AOE1
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Xdrive Sedan

I feel your pain, SD. I was in the dealership in July with money to spend on an '08, but here in Honolulu the dealer has no allocations for (a) manual transmissions and (b) xDrive models, and they couldn't find anyone with an allocation that wasn't already in production to trade with to get me what I want. So, I wound up having to put a large (non-refundable) deposit down on a 2009 at the end of July to get the dealer to convert a 2009 allocation to manual/xDrive. My CA is not exactly the most attentive guy (none of them on the island seem to be), so this has been a comedy of misinformation from the get-go, and I know I won't get my deposit back without a fight. If I'd known I was going to have to wait this long for delivery, I'd have gone with the ED option. At least I'd have been able to drive the car.

As an aside, the 2009 MINIs had the same problem at the end of September (see NAM forum). They were told there would be a 2-3 week delay, but their cars started to clear in about 1 week. If we all think positive thoughts, maybe we'll get lucky too.

Oh, well. I'll quit whining now. My car will be here someday.
Appreciate 0