View Single Post
      01-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #19
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Rick F. I see from some of the comments here that this is not your first post like this. However, I am relatively new to this forum and it is the first one that I have stumbled across. I quite enjoyed it. You have a very engaging writing style and you kept my attention to the end. I particularly liked the "then vs now" photos. it's interesting to see how much things have changed... and how much they haven't. I also like the way your car fits into the photos so well. This is the perfect way to enjoy them.
Thanks for sharing your story and I look forward to your next adventure.
LemansE90335xi,

Great, I'm really glad you enjoyed the trip report!

Although I appreciate the many posts about tech tips, modifications, new models, and so forth, what I really like to do with my BMW is to use it to visit historic, scenic, or otherwise-interesting places in the Mid-Atlantic area. Any working car or truck could get me there, I suppose, but it's so much better to have a car that is an awesome performer and looks great as well.

Writing up these trip reports is also a lot of fun for me, and I'm always thrilled when others enjoy them. I started reporting these trips back in about 2005, first based on a 2003 BMW F650CS motorcycle, then a 2005 R1200GS, then a 2006 Z4 3.0i roadster, and most recently the 2013 335i convertible. A 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a 2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 have also worked there way into the mix.

You can find my 335i posts on E90Post.com by clicking the "Search this Forum" button, select "Advanced Search," and then specify "Rick F." in the User Name box and choose the "Find Threads Started by User" option. There's a long list of them. They often make for pretty good reading, and they always serve as a cure for insomnia, should the need arise!

You can also find all of my motorcycle and car trip reports on my website rsftripreporter.net.

Stay tuned for my next 335i report on the Civil War in eastern West Virginia, and happy reading for the prior reports in the meantime!

Rick