05-31-2019, 03:40 AM   #85
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Hi mate,

Been ages, so I was wondering how the cars coming along? Mines back on the road finally! And I also wanted to check, have you ever reset your MPG and seen what it does just off of the computer calculations? Mine is well and truly catastrophic, town driving 20mpg Sunday driving up and down a dual carriageway with a steady foot no traffic I peaked 32mpg, if I even think about accelerating the damn thing drops

59mph on the motorway 37mpg ish, its just crazy. On a plus note though, I've done around.. 250/300 miles with the loo roll filter and fingers crossed my oil level is still at max which is amazing! I'd use 800ml/1 litre of oil every 1000 miles or so so its looking great at the moment
Hey dude,

Apologies, I haven't updated in a while!!

Well, the main oil leak is well and truly fixed! It was definitely the vac pump/loose head cover bolt. No more drips on the drive, but some oil still passing through the turbo.

With regards to mpg, my daily commute is really bad start/stop kind of driving, so I don't get past 27ish mpg off the computer. I have literally just done a long motorway journey and I was touching 49mpg on the computer. Yours definitely sounds very low! Hey, that's good though that you have sorted the oil consumption out!

I am currently sat in Birds waiting for my LSD to be fitted!! Very excited.
Appreciate 0