View Single Post
      08-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #67
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
You know, I would like to lower it and I have kept my old stuff to do so, but well, with a 2-year-old it's hard to find time to "experiment". It would be much faster the second time around... We'll see if I can get to it. Ah well, you know what they say about the best-laid plans.

Touche about the cornering speeds - You're probably right, too! Now, I can just pin it halfway through the corner and the car goes exactly where you point it. No drama. Which I guess means I need to find the new, much higher limits haha.
Yeah, I think sport stops for sport springs is a pretty safe bet. However, I'd like to get a better picture of it just to see if I'd rather go slightly further in one direction than the other... it must be the bump stops rather than the spring rate that contribute to our cars tendency to understeer! Apparently the BMW performance stops are 31331096099 front (E52 Z8), and 33536788905 rear (euro e91 LCI)... Those fronts look distinctly like the e36 m3 stops which are so often used, and the rears look pretty conventional (as do the Z4 ones). We'll see if i get anything useful out of the spreadsheet. There's still the issue of correlating any results there to an actual part number though!

Thanks for the info on the e30 perches. I seem to remember there being different thicknesses available for the e30 spring rubbers? Maybe that was only for the lower end...

I've already got Koni Special Active (FSD replacement) shocks on it. I was sold by the marketing blurb about them, but while they're not bothering me, I also don't think they're amazing. I'd like to see actual dyno numbers for them....same as many other shocks though! I'll keep them for the time being; until I can afford/justify replacing them (or they blow...). The BMW performance shocks were for a while the same as the euro spec M-sport ones. They then changed to a separate PN. But that tells me that something which will work for M-sport springs should be ballpark acceptable for performance springs. Again, without dyno numbers for anything, I'm flying blind. Yep, heard plenty good about FCM...I like to pause his YT videos to get a peek at dyno plots. £ and time are limiting factors.

The D7 springs probably give you about 1.3~1.35Hz.

Also got a 2 year old here... Not quite old enough to pass the right tools yet! One day...
Appreciate 0