View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
ElevenEleven
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi

I took a look at the new bearings, and they have the same bumps on the dust seals on both sides, and a small paper clip doesn't show any magnetism on either side (it is a steel paper clip. I checked it against an actual magnet, and it was attracted).

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 3872
Size:  180.5 KB

Name:  image2.jpeg
Views: 3652
Size:  155.9 KB

The bearings that Bavauto sent are F A G 805621, which seems to be the same part number that everyone sells for my 2009 328i xDrive. The car has ABS sensors. I checked both of the new F A G bearings, and neither one showed magnetism on either side.

Before I started this thread, I called Bavauto and spoke to their Tech Info Center. They put me on hold, and then I was told to put them in with the Part Number facing out. When I pushed him about this (he's telling me to put the smaller diameter, black stripe in last), he said he wasn't positive.

I still think the black stripe needs to go in first, but I'd feel a lot better about it if someone can confirm this. I'd also like to hear that the magnetism is not possible to detect with a paper clip, or some other explanation for why I don't detect magnets, but that these bearings are not going to light up my ABS light.

I'm putting these in now, so a quick reply would be great.
Appreciate 0