08-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #27
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
Mike since you are removing both oil pans can you take a picture side by side. Only if you have time.. just curious.
Absolutely. From my perspective, the external difference is significant. Hopefully, I'll post those pictures Sunday. I was amazed how good my original oil pan looked after I blasted it with
At this point in my project, I now realize how much more difficult working on a dd car from the snow belt vs. cars that have never seen road salt. My replacement engine is from Texas and the copper coated? turbofold nuts are pristine. My PS2 only saw one winter and the amount of exterior corrosion observed was astonishing (fortunately, I packed the inside cavity of the turbofold nuts with copper anti-seize.). Due to corrosion. I destroyed the brake pipe from the MC to the right front caliper (Making bubble flairs takes a little practice). Another challenge is realizing how difficult this project is without a complete parts list.
Please give me your opinion on reusing the ferrous bolts whose torque specifications are not 'torque-to-yield). Newtis.info apparently wants you to pretty much use all new bolts.
Pladi640.50