View Single Post
      08-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #19
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I'm willing to bet the car is already a few hundred dollars more expensive off the lot simply because the heaters are in those seats. Their materials, construction, shipment to the seat factory, installation in those seats, and so on isn't free. Even without using them, you've paid for them.

I get updates to maps, things like that, that are ongoing work for a car company. Heated seats are already installed, already ready to go, you've already paid for them, you're just being charged extra to use them.

It is in no way at all a cool thing that makes sense.
Bingo. And that's the strongest argument against this ridiculous model. Make no mistake about it, you're still paying for the added hardware that you may not want. Not only that, the environmental impact of producing hardware which in some cases not be used. Where is the outrage from the tree huggers?

Heat seats are a common enough thing where if you really wanted to "try" one out, it's called going for a test drive in a car on the lot which already has them. In many markets, it's probably harder to find a car without heated seats than with.
Appreciate 1