View Single Post
      11-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #27
Joe_L
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92

First off...MASSIVE thanks to Vincent/VTL who offered to check it out for me, driving all the way from Upper Ferntree Gully to North Melbourne after work. Reading through the forums, im sure most are already aware that he's an absolute whiz when it comes to coding, and was great to be able to see him in action. Thanks again mate.

Happy to report that this issue is now fixed and i am now able to start/drive the car with no errors!!!

Vincent might be able to describe it better, but basically a reset of the ELV counter did the trick.
Turns out my steering wheel wasnt actually locked at all, even though i was getting the error. The wheel was still able to be turned from side to side.
We gather that this has probably stemmed from the time my missus and mates were told by BMW assist to pull out the key after it was stuck in the key slot after the battery died.
Not sure if this helped the cause, but the battery was also registered (and fitted correctly by Vince thanks to my dodgy DIY effort).

Whilst the car was hooked up, Vince also added a few other goodies: Digital Speedo, Removed startup disclaimer, TV in motion, Updated Alpina B3 flash (or rather outdated Alpina flash as i was told by vince...D mode is now perfect and no longer shifts to 6th gear @ 40kmh). So if anything, my car has now come out better than before the issue lol

Again, a big thanks to Vince who's not just an expert coder but a top bloke too. Look forward to catching up with you again for the walnut blast at some stage
Appreciate 0